Welcome to the website of Student Loan Services & Collections (SLS&C). We hope you find the information within these web pages helpful. Our department consists of the Loan Services Office (A-227 Murphy Hall) and the Collections Office (10920 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 720). To better understand the services we provide students, parents and the campus/University community, click here.
Announcements and Updates
- The office hours for Student Loan Services & Collections on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 will be from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM with short-term loan service from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Financial Aid for 2015 Winter will disburse to BAR no earlier than the evening of Thursday, January 1, 2015.
- PLAN AHEAD for Winter 2015/January 2015 Bill Payments -- Refunds generated by the disbursement of Winter 2015 financial aid may take some time to get to recipients. This is due to the federal regulations involved in determining disbursement dates, where the Winter 2015 disbursement date falls on the calendar, and how your banking institution handles electronic deposits. With this in mind, it is estimated that students will not receive BruinDirect refunds any earlier than Friday, January 2, 2015. (Please verify the deposit BEFORE writing any checks!) Students still receiving paper refund checks by mail will experience a longer delay. Prepare now so that you are financially ready for this foreseen situation. PLEASE NOTE: No short-term loan will be made against a 'refund' that has already posted to BAR.
- The last day to apply for a short-term loan for 2014 Fall will be Monday, December 22, 2014. Short-term loan service will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015. (Please note that no short-term loans will be made against BAR refunds.)
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) - If your student loan debt is high relative to your income, you may qualify for the a new loan repayment plan to be offered by the Department of Education. For more information, click here.
- The Loan Services Office hours of operation are 9AM to 5PM weekdays, with Short-Term Loan Program service from 9AM to 4:30 PM and telephone service from 9AM to 4PM.
- The Collections Office hours of operation are 8AM to 5PM, with telephone service from 9AM to 5PM.
- Complete your Perkins Loan documents online through the Student Loan Services & Collections website using E-Sign On-Line™! If you have been notified by email of the online availability of your Federal Perkins Master Promissory Note, you can click here to begin your E-Sign On-Line™ at UCLA process.
- ATTENTION! All first-time UCLA undergraduate and graduate student loan borrowers - the Debt Management Session/Entrance Exam is available online here.
- Learn more about How To Complete Your Perkins Loan Documents Online and other topics by exploring the "How To" Series.
- Plan ahead. Start by using this month's edition of the Bruin Dollars and $ense Calendar.
- Increase your financial literacy! Check out the Money and You page for helpful information on how to better understand and manage your funds.
- How much did I borrow?!? Who is my lender?!? Use MyLoanData to find the answers. Trying to not over borrow; to budget your finances in the present in order to build a better economic future? As a student loan borrower building a budget, it is important to know the amount of your loan debt BEFORE accepting eFAN offers. Utilizing various sources, MyLoanData gives you access to your disbursed student loan information and more. Start off right. Visit MyLoanData today.
- Understanding Loans and SB1289 (Corbett Disclosure)
Federal student loans are available to most students regardless of income and provide a range of repayment options including income-based repayment plans and loan forgiveness benefits, which other education loans are not required to provide. For more on this, CLICK HERE.
For Those In Or Approaching Loan Repayment
- Wanting information on the recently announced Special Direct Consolidation Loans Program? CLICK HERE for more details!
- Looking to consolidate your student loans? Find out more about the benefits and drawbacks by going to the 'Repayment' section of the SLS&C website and selecting Loan Consolidation.
- Income-Based Repayment (IBR) is a new student loan repayment program that can make payments more affordable for qualifying borrowers. To learn more, click here.
- The University of California takes seriously complaints and concerns regarding the institution. Most are resolved at the campus level. If a complaint regarding the University of California has not been resolved at the campus level, find out what the next step is in the process by reading the Complaint Process Notice.