Find Your Loans

UCLA Student Loan Services and Collections - Find Loans

To access and print a PDF version of this "How To", please click here.

Have you lost your loan promissory notes? Did you attend another college or two before attending UCLA and you cannot remember the type of loan or the lender? Help is available!


National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)

NSLDS maintains a central database of student aid for the US Department of Education. NSLDS allows you to access Direct, Stafford and/or Perkins Loan outstanding balances, loan statuses, and disbursements.  The Direct Loan Program, PELL Grant Program and other US Department of Education programs are also on file at the NSLDS website.  To access your data:

  • STEP 1: Go to

  • STEP 2: Select Financial Aid Review from the options displayed.  A statement regarding privacy and security will appear on the screen.  Click the ‘Accept’ button if you agree to provide your personal information in order to gain access to your records.

  • STEP 3: Log in to the NSLDS website using your Federal Student Aid Identification or FSA ID. If you do not have one, you may create one by selecting the ‘Create an FSA ID’ tab located next to the ‘Log in to NSLDS’ tab.  Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records with US Department of Education systems.  It may take two to three business days after making your request to receive e-mail instructions on how to retrieve your FSA ID electronically.  When finally obtained, keep your FSA ID in a safe and secure place. With your FSA ID acquired, go to STEP 4.

  • STEP 4: Once you are signed in to the ‘Financial Aid Review’ on NSLDS ( using your FSA ID, the page should directly display your ‘Financial Aid Summary’.

  • STEP 5: You can now review your Title I Loans, including such information as loan amount and loan date, disbursed amount and cancelled amount, outstanding principal and outstanding interest, and more as is reported to NSLDS by lenders/loan servicers.

  • STEP 6: For more details concerning a particular loan such as finding the loan servicer/lender or the loan period end date, click on the blue button next to ‘Type of Loan’. This should redirect you to a page titled ‘Detail Loan Information’.  (If you have questions, you can call the US Department of Education at 800-4FEDAID.)

Federal Student Aid Information Center

To find out which lenders hold your Stafford, Direct and/or Perkins Loan(s), contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center.

  • STEP 1: Call (800)-433-3243. Listen to the telephone menu and select option '3'; and when prompted, say the word 'LOANS' to obtain information on your existing student loans and lenders.

  • STEP 2: Have your FSA ID ready in order to access your data.

Campus-Based Loans

Your campus-based loans are administered by the college(s) where you received the loan funds. For inquiries regarding UCLA loans, contact Heartland ECSI at (888) 549-3274 or at For institutions other than UCLA, contact the Financial Aid Office or Loan Office of the institution you attended or their servicer.


Credit Bureau Reports

You can also request a credit report from a credit bureau.  One free credit report can be obtained annually from each of the three reporting agencies by visiting and applying.  (There will be a charge for this service if you have already received your free report for the year.)  Your Stafford, Direct and Perkins Loans will be listed in your credit history.  If you have private/alternative loans, a credit report is the best resource of loan and/or lender information.  To obtain a credit report from one of these credit bureaus, you can call or log onto:



The offices of Student Loan Services & Collections have developed MyLoanData to assist you in reviewing the federal (Direct, Perkins, Stafford, Grad PLUS, Direct Grad PLUS, Health Profession Loans, etc.) and University of California (UC)/campus-based loans you borrowed during your studies at UCLA as well as any other loan/debt you may have acquired.  When accessing MyLoanData, you should have available:

  • Your FSA pin (to access National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS) information)
  • Your Social Security number (to access AnnualCreditReport information)

MyLoanData also includes important information and links pertaining to graduate, professional, and transfer students, as well as loan consolidation.  To access MyLoanData:




(UCLA attempts to provide up-to-date information in our Bruin Dollars and $ense How To Series. Please be aware that the content of this document is based upon information that was correct at the time of publication. All information pertaining to and gathered from both UCLA and other sources is subject to change without notice.)